Spread the love
After getting a small cut on her foot, Leann Thibodeau joked with coworkers she got flesh-eating bacteria. She didn’t believe the doctor, at first.
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. — Leann Thibodeau thought nothing of it at first: A pinhole-sized cut on her foot appeared only to be a minor injury. It stayed the same for a couple of days but thereafter, her foot became red and swollen. Thibodeau told WINK-TV she even joked with coworkers about getting flesh-eating bacteria. “I didn’t believe that I had flesh-eating bacteria,” she told the TV station. “I am like, ‘My foot is just infected. No big deal.’”