10 Ways to Shift Your Mood
Feeling moody? It happens to us all. One minute we are flying high and happy, and the next we can be ready to scream. And if you are not accepting your emotions or feelings, and instead you are burying them behind sugar, booze or a shopping spree, then give these tips a try and see if you can positively change your mood for your highest good and health with no side effects:
- Feel your feelings – easy as that. When you feel an emotion coming on, just close your eyes and feel it, which means you focus on it. Just by allowing it to come and not trying to hurry it away, you are allowing yourself to experience something that you need to. It will pass by like a floating cloud.
- Think about 3 things for which you are grateful.
- Get outside. Go smell the fresh air. Even better, take your bare feet to the beach and walk on the sand.
- Try some affirmations such as: I love and accept myself; I am enough; or I am willing to believe. Find one that works for you.
- Hug someone you love…really hug them. Connect your breathing, stop all else that is going on, and feel them.
- Close your eyes and do some intentional breathing. Intentional means to focus on your breath — the inhales and the exhales.
- Get your body moving with yoga, dance, working out or going on a run.
- Take out pen and paper and write down all the things that you want to experience in your life…no limitations.
- You have heard me say it before…go hug a tree!
- Get out of your own head. Write out any feelings you are having in a journal and release whatever you need to.
Life doesn’t happen to us; it happens for us. So everything that you are going through, dealing with or working on will propel you to your next step in life. We are the changes we make in our lives. We are the products of love, on a mission of faith, to live a destiny to the fullest. It is our highest self that we’re always connected to that sends out alarms and warnings when we are going against ourselves. So, the next time a mood tries to stop you in your fun, notice it and find out why. You will learn so much more about yourself. Life will flow and you will begin to dance along with it.
South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information READ MORE