Walton County BCC Issues Local State of Emergency due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus); Other Actions Taken
During the Emergency Walton County Board of County Commissioners (WCBCC) meeting held today, March 16,
2020, the WCBCC issued a Local State of Emergency (LSE). This LSE will be in place for seven days and must be re- issued on a weekly basis.
In addition to the issuance of a LSE, the WCBCC has taken the following actions:
• Cancellation of all BCC and TDC permitted outdoor events and beach activity ordinance special events.
• Cancellation of all work-related travel outside the county for BCC employees without special permission from Director and County Administration.
• Suspension of the rental of all public facilities.
• Extended all current dog beach permits for 8 weeks. No new permit processing until June 1st.
• Extended all driving on the beach permits until August 1st. Beach permit lottery application process will begin June 1st.
• All Walton County Volunteer Board meetings have been cancelled for the remainder of March and the month of April. At this time, these meetings are expected to continue in May.
The WCBCC took no action regarding the closure of Walton County’s beaches.
The WCBCC encourages all Walton County citizens and visitors to be mindful and adhere to all direction distributed by the Florida Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control.
Protect yourself and your community from COVID-19. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least
20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and stay home when you are sick.
FDOH COVID-19 Information Page (Updated Regularly) CDC COVID-19 Information Page (Updated Regularly)
We encourage all of those that have the ability, to conduct any county business through the County and
Constructional Offices online services.
Walton Board of County Commissioners
District 1: Bill Chapman – Chairman District 2: Danny Glidewell District 3: Melanie Nipper
District 4: Trey Nick – Vice-Chair District 5: Tony Anderson
Information from other Walton County Constitutional Offices
Walton County School District
The Walton County School District is currently developing a plan to help feed students the week of March 23-27, our state mandated school closure. We know families and employees expected to be out March 16-20 for Spring Break and may be traveling safely to visit family and friends as anticipated. Therefore, we believe our students are in good hands with families this coming week.
However, beginning the week of March 23-27, the WCSD is working on a plan for food distribution and service because as always we are committed to the health and safety of our students. Superintendent A. Russell Hughes states, “We do not want any Walton County Student to go without food.”
On Monday, March 23, the WCSD will provide one meal for students, lunch, and starting Tuesday, March 24 through Friday, March 27, the WCSD will provide two meals a day, breakfast and lunch. Time and locations are being determined; we will release more detailed information as soon as plans have been solidified.
Walton County Tax Collector
• ID & DL Expiration dates extended 30 days per Governor’s Executive Order 20-52 – but does not apply to existing restrictions.
• Registration renewals have not been extended at this time
The following processes have been implemented for the safety of our citizens and employees and to allow ample time to properly clean and disinfect our offices.
• Temporary suspension of all DL testing – includes, driving, written, interpreter, CDL, medicals
• Temporary suspension of all Concealed Weapon transactions
• Due to adjacent county tax collector office closures, we may have to limit the number of individuals in our lobbies.
• We encourage people that do not need to physically be in our office to not come in. Most of our services are available through our website www.waltontaxcollector.com
• Serving Walton County residents only.
Walton County Sheriff’s Office
In order to limit access and potential COVID-19 exposure to our citizens and to our staff and the inmate population; we will be temporarily suspending the use of our in-lobby video visitation monitors. Video visitation services will remain available for access via computer or mobile device to accommodate visits. In addition, we will be restricting civilian volunteer access for programming purposes until further notice. Finally, only those individuals who are statutorily obligated for registration and fingerprinting services will be permitted to enter the jail facility; and only after screening.
Walton County Supervisor of Elections
Florida has NOT suspended the election on Tuesday, March 17th. Polls will be open from 7am – 7pm as always. You must vote at your home precinct polling place.
We will have sanitizing resources at each polling place and workers will be frequently cleaning surfaces. However, if you have your own hand sanitizer and feel the need to use it, I would encourage you to bring it! Also, you may wish to bring your own pen instead of using ours. Secrecy sleeves will be optional as well.
When voting, observe the CDC-recommended distance (3-6 feet) from other individuals as much as possible. For more information, visit VoteWalton.com, or call (850) 892-8112.
Walton County Property Appraiser’s Office
The Walton County Property Appraiser’s Office is currently conducting normal operations while monitoring the
status of COVID-19, also known as Corona Virus.
The health and safety of our citizens and employees remains of utmost importance. We aim to continue to provide first-rate customer service at our office locations and encourage the use of the property appraiser’s website, www.waltonpa.com . You may contact the Property Appraiser’s office by phone, 850-892-8123, or 850-267-4500, or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Walton County Clerk of Courts
Due to the recent concerns with the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the recommendation for social distancing, Florida Supreme Court Chief Justice Charles T. Canady issued an Administrative Order (AOSC20-13) on March 13, 2020, suspending all jury trials in Florida’s Court System starting Monday, March 16, 2020, through Friday, March 27, 2020.
Anyone with a summons for jury duty dated between March 16, 2020, and March 27, 2020, are not required to appear as jury trials during this time have been cancelled. If you are unsure if your summons is impacted by this Order, please call 850-892-8115 to speak to a Deputy Clerk.
Walton County Clerk & Comptroller will continue to mail out summons forms between March 16th and March 27th to avoid delay to future court processes once the suspension of all jury trials is lifted. If you receive a summons during this period, the Walton County Clerk & Comptroller recommends calling 850-892-8115 to confirm whether you are required to appear. All scheduled court hearings and appearances remain in effect unless specifically excused by the court.
The Walton County Clerk and Comptroller’s Office is currently open to serve the public. Additionally, many Clerk services can be accomplished online and on the phone. The following services are offered online:
• E-Notify – Using an automated system, registered users can receive free text and email reminders of
upcoming criminal court events. More information is available on Clerk’s website home page.
• Online Court Record Access – Public can request to view cases/redacted filings online. Please visit the Clerk’s website – select Public Records – then select Court Records. If a record is unavailable online, please follow further instructions specified under Public Records tab – then select Offline Public Record Request Court Related.
• TurboCourt DIY Services – Customer fee-based form preparation service, currently $10.40 per petition, now available through TurboCourt for Family Law and Landlord Tenant Disputes; however, there are no fees
required when using Turbo Court forms for preparation of Domestic Violence Injunction petitions. More
information is available on Clerk’s website – select TurboCourt DIY.
• Florida Courts E-Filing Portal – More information and instructions are available on the Clerk’s website –
select E-Filing tab. The link is: https://www.myflcourtaccess.com/
• Self Service Forms and Instructions are located on the Clerk’s website – Select Court Services – then select
• Pay Walton County traffic citations online – Traffic infractions may be paid within 30 days of violation online at https://www.myfloridacounty.com/.
• Pay Walton County non-criminal and county ordinance violations within 30 days of receipt online at https://www.myfloridacounty.com/courtpay/?county=66.
Additional Information and Cancellations
• Seaside closing some operations – https://us18.campaign- archive.com/?u=70034f1e917bdb0ebc322ba87&id=811dcf009b
• Beginning March 16, the Bayou Arts Center will be closed and the CAA team will work remotely remaining available via email, phone and virtual meet-ups.
• All meetings, classes and workshops at The Bayou Arts Center will be postponed and rescheduled for a later date.
• The Foster Gallery at Grand Boulevard will be temporarily closed beginning March 16.
• The Under the Sea fundraiser for the Underwater Museum of Art scheduled for Thursday, May 7 will be postponed for a later date.
• ArtsQuest Fine Arts Festival scheduled for May 9 & 10 is rescheduled for October 10 & 11 in Grand Boulevard
The post Walton County BCC Issues Local State of Emergency due to COVID-19 appeared first on 30A TV Video.