Rhonda Skipper, Walton County Tax Collector, would like to share the following information concerning the COVID-19 Pandemic and how we are adjusting to the situation.
– Tax Collectors are in discussion with the Department of Revenue regarding the extension of property tax deadlines. This would be announced by an Executive Order from Governor DeSantis, hopefully this week.
– Pursuant to Executive Order 20-52, issued March 15, 2020 by Governor Ron DeSantis, please observe the following:
o Extend the effective period of driver licenses and identification cards with expiration dates of March 16, 2020, to April 15, 2020, for thirty (30) days.
(Be advise, this does not include suspensions or revocations.)
o Waive the delinquent renewal fees during the extension period for these driver licenses and identification cards.
o We are available to assist our CDL holders at 850-892-8121
– Tax Collectors across the State of Florida are partnering with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles in extending expiring commercial driver licenses (CDL) and waiving commercial truck hours-of-service regulations and other related regulations so emergency supplies, equipment, commodities and resources for the state’s response to COVID-19 can continue deliveries throughout the state.
o Please call 850-892-8121 for any questions you may have concerning your Commercial Driver License (CDL)
o Visit us on-line at: www.waltontaxcollector.com
o Learn more at: https://www.flhsmv.gov/…commercial…/emergency-declaration/
– Currently all lobbies are closed. Telephone hours of operation are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
– On-Line Service available at www.waltontaxcollector.com:
o Replace or renew a Florida driver license or ID card
o Replace or renew registration for a motor vehicle, vessel or mobile home
o Obtain a paper title
o Pay property taxes
o Tag Express Same Day Pickup- renew your registration online by Express then come to the office and we will bring it out to you
o Working on implementing an online chat for customers
We will continue to closely monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) through the CDC and other agencies as we continue to ensure the protection of our customers and employees. Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this time.
# # #
The Office of Tax Collector is an independent, constitutional office providing state and local services. Walton County Tax Collector Rhonda Skipper and staff work to deliver the highest quality of service with people who CARE.
In 2019, the office was recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as one of the “Top 100 Best Companies to Work for in Florida.”
Contact: Artie Rodriguez, Deputy Tax Collector – Public & Media Relations
(850) 892-8121, firstname.lastname@example.org
The post WALTON TAX COLLECTOR RHONDA SKIPPER ANNOUNCES LATEST COVID-19 UPDATES appeared first on 30A TV Video.