All Walton County Schools are closed at this time.
Walton County School District has set up a food distribution program for students in need.
As of Monday, March 23, 2020, the following five schools have served as food distribution sites for children ages 1 to 18.
- Mossy Head School
- Maude Saunders Elementary
- Walton Middle School
- Freeport High School
These five sites provide a grab-and-go meal in the school’s car rider line. You do not have to live in the school zone to receive food at the above sites. If possible, if your school is not a site, please visit the site nearest you. For example, if your child attends Dune Lakes Elementary, a non-distribution site, you may pick up a meal at Freeport High School, a distribution site. Children must be present in the car to receive a free meal.
School sites have been chosen based on specific criteria as put forth by the Florida Department of Agriculture. Walton County School District may open additional sites as they can.
The schedule for food pick up at the five sites above are as follows:
- Monday from 11:00 a.m.– 1:00 p.m. – lunch provided
- Tuesday from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – lunch provided and next day’s breakfast
- Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – lunch provided and next day’s breakfast
- Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – lunch provided and next day’s breakfast
- Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – lunch provided and next day’s breakfast
As of Wednesday, March 25, 2020, food distribution is also taking place via bus transportation. Over 95 bus stops have been put into place throughout the Walton County School District from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and look similar to summer bus routes. Buses spend 10 minutes at each stop for parents to receive breakfast and lunch at the bus stop instead of visiting school sites.
CLICK HERE (link to PDF) to view the food distribution bus stops and times.