Whether you want some lively beach fun or something more low key, you can find it in Panama City, Florida. This northwest Florida beach destination is full of vacation rentals that can provide you with a comfortable stay as you explore the area. Want to find out what makes Panama City so special? Here are the details:
- You’ll have fun in the sun. Panama City gets an average of 320 sunny days each year.
- The beaches are just beautiful. In fact, Panama City and the surrounding area are called the Emerald Coast because of the water’s green color. The quartz sand in Panama City sits at the bottom of the gulf and the sun reflects off the sand.
- Panama City has more than 100 beach access areas. You’ll have your pick of places to enjoy the beach!
- Panama City is called the Seafood Capital of the South because it is home to hundreds of seafood restaurants (yum).
- Panama City is home to one of the largest populations of bottlenose dolphins. You can spot them most frequently at Shell Island or take a dolphin cruise.
- Go diving. Scuba divers, you’ve got your work cut out for you in Panama City. That’s because it’s referred to as the Wreck Capital of the South. Panama City is also home to the Man in the Sea deep-sea diving museum.
- You can tour a winery. A winery in Florida, in Panama City? Yes indeed. The Panama City Beach Winery specializes in citrus, berry, and fruit wines all made in Florida. Its wines have won national and international recognition. Cheers!
- You can spend time with wolves. Panama City is home to Seacrest Wolf Preserve, which allows you to experience wolves up close via walking tours through habitats that are home to gray, Arctic, and British Columbian wolves.
- Become an ironman. For more than 20 years, Panama City Beach has been home to the Florida Ironman Triathlon.
- There’s no shortage of places to listen to live music. From Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville to Sharky’s Beach Front Restaurant & Tiki Bar and more, there are dozens of live music venues for all music tastes.
- It’s a top spring break destination. If you’re looking for nightlife, Panama City is one of Florida’s biggest spring break destinations.
- Panama City has a great shopping and entertainment at Pier Park and SkyWheel. This entertainment complex has dining, entertainment and shopping. You can ride the SkyWheel, watch an IMAX movie, catch a meal, or do some shopping.
- Take part in festivals. Panama City is home to several food and music festivals, including UNwineD (a wine-focused fete), Schooners Lobster Festival and Tournament, the Panama City Beach Food Truck and Craft beer Festival, Seabreeze Jazz Festival, and Pepsi Gulf Coast Jam.
As you can see, Panama Beach offers a little something for everyone. Find a comfortable vacation rental in Panama City and you’ll be all set for a chillaxin’ vacation!
The post Panama City, Florida and Why You Should Visit appeared first on Florida Travel.
Be the first to comment on "Panama City, Florida and Why You Should Visit"