CHIMNEY FIRE EXTENDS INTO HOME; FIREFIGHTERS RUSH TO EXTINGUISH THE FLAMES
Posted on November 14, 2022
MOSSY HEAD, FL — Firefighters battle a blaze spreading throughout a mobile home early this morning in Mossy Head.
At 6:00 a.m. on Monday, November 14th, Walton County Fire Rescue responded to a residence on Elmwood Road following a 911 call reporting smoke and flames coming from a single wide mobile home. The caller stated the fire started in the fireplace and quickly began spreading throughout the house.
With assistance from DeFuniak Springs Fire Department and Liberty Volunteer Fire Department, Walton County Fire Rescue was able to knock down the flames in under fifteen minutes. Fortunately, the owner made it out of the home safely and no one was injured in the fire.
Walton County Fire Rescue Fire Chief Tracey Vause would like to remind everyone the importance of getting an annual chimney inspection. Make sure the top of your chimney is free and clear of overhanging branches, never use any kind of liquid fire starters in your fireplace and keep all furniture and flammable objects at least three feet away from flames. Also, it is important to have a fireplace screen or a set of glass doors with a screen in front of your fireplace during operation.
Be the first to comment on "CHIMNEY FIRE EXTENDS INTO HOME; FIREFIGHTERS RUSH TO EXTINGUISH THE FLAMES"