Just in time for the back-to-school-season, Walton County Public Library System announces the launch of its new Tutor.com program. Tutor.com connects students at their time of need to one of over 3,000 highly vetted expert tutors. With instant access to one-to-one homework help and tutoring, students can lower their anxiety and raise their confidence about their schoolwork. Over 95% of Tutor.com student users surveyed said that having the service available helped them complete their homework and improve their grades.
“This is very helpful. It’s helping me get good grades and it helps me have a
study partner when I don’t have one.” —5th Grade Math Student
Tutor.com provides online, on-demand academic tutoring, homework help, and test preparation to kindergarten through 12th grade students, plus early college students and adult learners. Any library patron can connect with a highly qualified, expert tutor in a safe and secure online classroom. Tutors are available in a variety of subjects and test prep areas from 2:00PM -9:00PM. Tutor.com also offers expert writing help, test prep resources from The Princeton Review® for the ACT®/SAT®, Advanced Placement (AP®) course videos, and more. Many resources are available 24/7.
To access the service, please visit www.youseemore.com/walton and click on the Tutor.com link at the bottom of the homepage.
Tutor.com’s Online, On-Demand Academic Help for K-12 through College Students & Adult Learners Includes:
- Academic Tutoring: Students of all ages can get help with homework, test preparation, skills and concepts from class, AP test preparation. Subjects include math, science, writing, English, Spanish, social studies, ACT/SAT, practice tests for the GED, HiSET and ASVAB exams as well as for the following graduate school exams: GRE®, GMAT®, LSAT®, and MCAT®. Microsoft® Office tutoring is also available to Tutor.com users.
- Writing Help: Tutor.com’s expert writing tutors do more than offer feedback on students’ grammar and mechanics; they help students become better writers. They achieve this by focusing on higher-order concerns and offering students comprehensive, constructive feedback. Students can submit their essays, book reports, and even their college or scholarship application essays for (1) live, on-demand writing help in an interactive, online classroom, or (2) for review through Tutor.com’s Drop-Off Writing Review service. The latter option allows tutors to work asynchronously to provide thorough feedback to students with 12-hour turnaround.
- ACT and SAT Essentials from The Princeton Review: Students preparing for college entrance exams can take practice ACT and SAT tests, receive a full score report that includes suggested areas for review, view video lessons on tested concepts, and use The Princeton Review’s practice drills to help reach their target scores.
- Graduate School Entrance Exam Practice: Adults preparing to apply to graduate or professional degree programs can use The Princeton Review’s practice tests for GRE, GMAT, LSAT, and MCAT exams to focus their study time on areas in need of improvement.
- Practice Quizzes: Students preparing for an end-of-chapter test, final exam, or standardized test can use Tutor.com’s Practice Quizzes to assess their knowledge on over 100 areas in math, science, and social studies. Practice quizzes are also available for the ASVAB military entrance exam.
- Videos lessons: Students can access video lessons 24/7 for AP courses as well as subject-area lessons for math and English to review or learn new concepts.
South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information READ MORE