May 19, 2021
WALTON COUNTY, Fla— Early Wednesday morning a woman was rammed by a vehicle on State Road 285 in Mossy Head. Moments later, she was pulled from her car.
Elijah Jones, 18, and Megan Frazier, 23, have been identified as two carjacking suspects who led Walton County Sheriff’s Office and two other agencies in a pursuit across two counties this morning.
The pair was already driving a stolen gray Kia when they crashed into the victim’s Chevy Cruz at around 6:15 am. After the crash, a passer-by attempted to intervene and Jones brandished a gun, pulled the victim from the vehicle, and left the scene. The pair then drove to the area of Girl Scout Road and abandoned the sedan in a wooded area.
Before long a resident off Tiger Lily Lane called Walton County Sheriff’s Office dispatch center to report a Chevy Colorado stolen. The truck was towing a U-Haul trailer and deputies spotted the vehicle heading west on Highway 90.
Once Walton County Sheriff’s deputies initiated a traffic stop, Jones and Frazier fled south onto State Road 285 into Okaloosa County. There, Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office took over the pursuit through Niceville down the Midbay Bridge and down Highway 98 into Fort Walton Beach.
Walton County Sheriff’s Office will be charging Jones and Frazier with the following:
Car Jacking State Highway 285
- Carjacking w/ a firearm (one count each)
- Aggravated Assault with a firearm (one count Elijah Jones) for pointing gun at Scott Suggs.
- Aggravated Battery with a deadly weapon (one count Elijah Jones) for ramming the Chevy Cruze.
- Possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony (one count Elijah Jones)
Auto Theft E Tiger Lily
- Grand Theft Auto (1 count each) stealing the Chevy Colorado and trailer.
- Grand Theft Property
- Possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony (1 count Elijah Jones)
More charges are pending as it pertains to additional crime in our area.The post CARJACKING, STOLEN VEHICLE, AND PURSUIT LANDS TWO IN CUSTODY IN FORT WALTON BEACH first appeared on Walton County Sheriff’s Office, FL.