The Florida Department of Health/Walton Community Health Center will be hosting their Northwest Florida Regional Opioid Drug Summit in Walton County on Monday April 30th to Tuesday May 1st, 2018 at the Embassy Suites located in Miramar Beach. This summit is open to public attendance for those wishing to learn more about the opioid epidemic, opioid addiction and prevention and treatment programs. There are only 100 spaces available and they are sure to fill up fast.
Registration for the event can be found at: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ef4hwt71f798a1ec&llr=jqecsquab. Cost is $25 and covers breakfast and lunch on day one and breakfast on day two. All attendees will be provided a completion certification and Continuing Education Units for prevention certification, substance abuse, mental health and marriage counseling. Keynote speakers for the event will be Lisa McElhaney, President of the National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators and Carlton Hall, President and CEO of Carlton Hall Consulting.
Topic at the Summit will include:
- The Opioid Epidemic: State and Federal Perspective
- The Science of Addiction
- Addressing the Opioid Epidemic: The Neonatal Perspective
- Prescription Drug Abuse and the Trending Toward Heroin and Fentanyl Analogs
- Co-Occurring Disorders and Older Adults
- The Role of Prevention in the Opioid Crisis
- Understanding the Big Picture: The Societal Costs of Substance Abuse
- Overdose Prevention and Recovery: Naloxone and Medicated Assisted Treatment Programs
- Identifying Next Steps: How Can We Make A Difference?
- Regional Resources
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Ronshausen with the Drug Free American Foundation at email@example.com.
South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information READ MORE