community

30a.news

Candidate for Walton County Commissioner, District 1

Republican Lisa Johnson knows something about hard work. Growing up in a blue collar family, at an early age she began to work and eventually would work her way through college at the University of Memphis, acquiring a degree in Business. At that jump off point, Lisa would go on to work for such Fortune […]

The post Candidate for Walton County Commissioner, District 1 appeared first on South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information.

Read More

30a.news

Kidd Family Struggle Strikes a Nerve in South Walton

There are many thousands of people who own plots of land that have been in their families for generations. Naturally, these individuals and families are often very attached to their property, and feel violated if it is trespassed. The Kidds  of Inlet Beach are one family dealing with this situation, and they have now taken […]

The post Kidd Family Struggle Strikes a Nerve in South Walton appeared first on South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information.

Read More

30a.news

Guest Columnist; Reconsidering the Wisdom of our Founders

By Tim Norris, Two of our great Founding Fathers, George Washington- our nation’s first President,  and John Adams, our second President, both mentioned Religion and Morality as “Indispensable Supports” to our constitution. They believed freedom was dependent on each individual citizen “constraining themselves” or society would break down and our freedoms would be taken away by […]

The post Guest Columnist; Reconsidering the Wisdom of our Founders appeared first on South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information.

Read More

30a.news

The Seaside Institute August Update

The Seaside Institute’s™ Symposium Series presents Transforming Communities through New Urbanism Pt II: Preparing for a Resilient Future Virtual Symposium to be held September 10-11, 2020 Seaside Institute remains dedicated to offering programming to further the New Urbanism discussion.  As we face everything from Floods to Hurricanes, Pandemics to Wildfires, our communities are affected by all. […]

The post The Seaside Institute August Update appeared first on South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information.

Read More

30a.news

South Walton Mosquito Control Update; Aquatic Midges

By Cami Adams The hot summer months are here and with them comes another pest. Between the months of April and November, Florida residents may encounter high populations of aquatic midges, also known as “blind mosquitoes”. Homeowners venturing outside may unexpectedly find them resting in the thousands on the sides of their houses, patios, and […]

The post South Walton Mosquito Control Update; Aquatic Midges appeared first on South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information.

Read More

30a.news

Environmental Stewardship Begins at Northwest Florida State College

Northwest Florida State College (NWFSC) has earned a reputation for educational excellence and community involvement. Our mission is to improve lives by providing a high-quality, globally competitive education that is a catalyst for cultural, civic and economic development throughout the region. Ingrained in the culture of NWFSC are six values that serve as a driving […]

The post Environmental Stewardship Begins at Northwest Florida State College appeared first on South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information.

Read More

30a.news

Faces of Walton County; Spotlight on Tim Haney

By Mark Stanley and Tracy Steely Tim Haney is a true Walton County native. He was born in Ft. Walton Beach because there was no hospital in the Santa Rosa Beach area, which is where his family lived. The only elementary school in his time was Bay Elementary, which went through the 6th grade. He […]

The post Faces of Walton County; Spotlight on Tim Haney appeared first on South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information.

Read More

30a.news

Mike Barker for Board of County Commissioner

By Mike Barker, I am Mike Barker and I want to be your District 3 County Commissioner.  Let me tell you a little about myself, and why I want to be your Commissioner.  I am a native and lifelong resident of Walton County.  I have dedicated most of my adult life to serving Walton County […]

The post Mike Barker for Board of County Commissioner appeared first on South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information.

Read More

30a.news

Around Town

Walton Area Chamber of Commerce Leadership Walton Program Now Accepting Applicants for 2020-2021 Class The Walton Area Chamber of Commerce is now taking applications for the 2020-2021 Leadership Walton Class online until Monday, September 7, 2020. Since 2000, Leadership Walton has been training emerging and existing leaders in the Northwest Florida region. Leadership Walton is […]

The post Around Town appeared first on South Walton Life | 30A News, Events and Community Information.

Read More